Wednesday, April 3, 2013

JD Fisk Men's Leonard Oxford

JD Fisk Mens Leonard Oxford
I really wanted these shoes to work - enough so that I ordered three pairs in the attempt. The design is great, and they're really comfortable. But the quality control at the factory appears to be terrible.

One pair had gouges in the leather on each toe underneath the finish (meaning the leather was damaged, but completed+shipped anyway). On another pair one shoe had the little flap at the base of the laces permanently rolled over/folded (dog-eared) and the leather on the piece was dirty/blackish instead of taupe. The wood soles on each pair looked pretty rough, and some had large chunks of glue along the stitching, or little stains on the wood from glue or some kind of solvent.

I even tried combining two pairs to make it work - which only underscored the factory inconsistency - the leathers weren't even close to matching.

JD Fisk has a great aesthetic, but sadly their quality levels need to be raised before I'll buy again. The only good thing I can say about the transaction is that Amazon Prime was great and took all the shoes back without issue and gave me a refund the second UPS took the return shipments into their system.

JD Fisk Mens Leonard Oxford


Features

    1 comment: