
just got these so can't really comment on durability, which is probably 1 of 2 most important factors when spending this much on shoes. I can say they are comfortable. Just wanted to give my input on the size. I usually wear a size 10 US. when you look at sizing charts, 10 US translates to a 44. I even went into a high end shoe store recently and they had this machine/computer that you stand on, and it tells you your size, it said 44 exactly. Whenever I've tried on 44 Ecco's in the past though, they've always been too big. So, I ordered these in 43 and they are definitely not too small. I would say they fit perfectly, but i could imagine them being even a little bit smaller (however I gotta believe that 42 would be too small). Point being, if you wear a 10 US, I suggest 43, or maybe even going to a shoe store first and seeing how a 42 fits - which I will probably do when i have a chance.
Update - 6 months: Still extremely comfortable. Still in good shape. One design complaint - the way the sole extends around the outside of the shoe, where the leather meats the sole all the way around it tends to collect huge amounts of pollen/dirt/dust. Every time I pick up my kid from day care and just walk into the backyard this happens and needs to be washed out with a cloth. Maybe this is normal, but I've never noticed this happening on my other shoes. I've also never had such expensive shoes, so I don't know.
Update - 6 months: Still extremely comfortable. Still in good shape. One design complaint - the way the sole extends around the outside of the shoe, where the leather meats the sole all the way around it tends to collect huge amounts of pollen/dirt/dust. Every time I pick up my kid from day care and just walk into the backyard this happens and needs to be washed out with a cloth. Maybe this is normal, but I've never noticed this happening on my other shoes. I've also never had such expensive shoes, so I don't know.

No comments:
Post a Comment